Site Meter

Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Bucket List

I'm not sure why it requires reaching a particular age to merit the compilation of a bucket list. It seems to me that making decisions about what you want to do before you kick it, is already the ongoing sport of my life. What are we here for but to make choices and evaluate and judge the opportunities that come our way. We choose almost as frequently as we breathe. Aren't we all filling our buckets everyday just by living?

I suppose that looking at life as finite, as fitting into a bucket or any other small container, is the problem -- especially when we're young and invincible. When I look back at some of the extremely stupid dangerous and careless choices I made as a young person, I shake my head and marvel at how I'm still here and functioning, although how well is a day to day matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment